Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New year. New projects

My New Years resolution is to focus more on my creative side and enjoy the time I spend doing it. This resolution came about after my sister and I did the first Necko photoshoot in December. I had such a great time putting my thoughts and ideas together and after seeing how far I have come over the past few years I resolved to start documenting everything I do. My first project this year focuses on re-focusing my goals. I gathered all my materials, turned on some good ol' classic rock and started laying out my design only to discover I had run out of adhesive while making Christmas cards back in Novemebr...grrrr. But the creative juices were flowing and I decided not to let this hiccup ruin my afternoon. I went to Pinterest for inspiration and then I went back to the drawing board, which was actually ended up being a bulletin board.

 I usually put up a standard calendar then add some embellishments for birthdays, pin up quotes and recipes I printed from Pinterest and then forget to look at the calendar again until it's time to turn to the next month. In an effort to get out of this rut and get excited about monthly goals I skipped the calendar all together and started "pinning". The lack of adhesive actually inspired this project and I hope inspires you to take it back old school and start pinning! 
Stay tuned for some fresh Valentines and the new Neckos.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment